Friday, September 14, 2007

DAY 15: From Isaiah 42

My soul finds rest in You alone; my salvation comes from You. Today and each day, I place my trust in You.

I praise You, LORD. You are praised to the ends of the earth, to the depth of the sea, by every creature that is in the sea, to the most remote islands, and by all who live on them. In the desert and in the cities voices raise to praise you.

Today as I say, “I trust you.” I acknowledge that my voice joins the voices of countless people around the world who place their trust in You.

Let our voices honor you and make you smile. You, the LORD, are being proclaimed across the Earth.

LORD, you march out like a mighty man, like a warrior You stir up zeal; with a shout You raise the battle cry and triumph over evil.

I will not keep silent. Even now I cry out for your justice.

Like a blind man trusts a guide, I trust You when You lead me in ways I have not known. Though I walk along unfamiliar paths, I trust You to guide me; 
You turn the darkness into light before me and make the rough places smooth. You will not forsake me. You alone are good!

I will not trust in idols – I will not make fleeting things my gods - that would be my shame. I place my trust in You alone!

Our souls find rest in You alone; our salvation comes from You. Today and each day, we place our trust in You.

(End with a period of Silence. Trusting that God is present)

No comments: