Sunday, September 16, 2007

DAY 17: From Romans 15

My soul finds rest in You alone; my salvation comes from You. Today and each day, I place my trust in You.

God of hope, fill me with all joy and peace as I continue to trust in You.

Fill me Lord so that I may overflow with hope by the power of Your Holy Spirit.
(Pause)

Today and each day, fill me to overflowing with your Spirit.

You are my source of hope. You are my refuge. I trust in You alone!

Our souls find rest in You alone; our salvation comes from You. Today and each day, we place our trust in You.

(End with a period of Silence. Trusting that God is present)

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Thanks to everyone who prayed along for these 17 days! I hope on this final day you are understanding trust in a new way.

My perception of trust is definitely changing. My walk with God has been marked with big decisions that seemed risky and required sustained trust for him to come through. But recently instead of taking additional risks, I feel God asking me to NOT do things that are good, that seem reflective of his heart, and that I can see potential fruit in. So I am in a period of pearing back, focusing on the present, and not speculating about the future. This is a huge exercise in trust for me because I thrive in ideas, potential, and all the "what could be" life has to offer. I am trusting that God sees more than I ever could. I am trusting that it is my responsibility to be obedient to him in this moment - that he holds my future, that he will provide, and that his plan will unfold.

My hope for all of us is that today's prayer and scripture would become tangibly real in our daily lives - that we would be filled with joy, hope, and peace that comes from the Holy Spirit - not life's circumstances. I pray that we would be filled to overflowing, so that everyone we encounter would experience the love of God through us and see the joy, peace, and hope at work in our lives that only comes from relationship with him.

My soul finds rest in You alone. My salvation comes from You. Today and each day, I place my trust in you!

Trust on!