Wednesday, September 12, 2007

DAY 13: From Isaiah 25

My soul finds rest in You alone; my salvation comes from You. Today and each day, I place my trust in You.

LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness You have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.

I trust the plans you have for me, even when I don’t understand.

We trust the plans you have for us.

Cities rise and fall at your command. You make heaps of rubble out of fortified towns. Break the strongholds in our city; May they never be rebuilt. You alone hold everything in your hands.

(Pause)

You are a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat. The trust of the desperate will not be misplaced in your name!

You silence the uproar of my enemies; as heat is reduced by the shadow of a cloud, so the boasting of the ruthless is stilled.

I will trust You forever because You are good!

Our souls find rest in You alone; our salvation comes from You. Today and each day, we place our trust in You.

(End with a period of Silence. Trusting that God is present)

1 comment:

Aaron said...

One of the people praying along with us emailed me this quote from George MacDonald:

"What should I think of my child, if I found that he limited his faith in me and hope from me to the few promises he had heard me utter! The faith that limits itself to the promises of God seems to me to partake of the paltry character of such a faith in my child -- good enough for a Pagan, but for a Christian a miserable and wretched faith. Those who rest in such a faith would feel yet more comfortable if they had God's bond instead of His word, which they regard not as the outcome of His character but as a pledge of His honour. They try to believe in the truth of His word, but the truth of His Being they understand not. In His oath they persuade themselves that they put confidence: in himself they do not believe, for they know Him not."